If you have found out that your daughter has been physically or sexually abused while at a YMCA in Sarasota or anywhere throughout Florida, you and your family need to learn about your rights to a financial recovery. Child abuse victims have the right to hold the perpetrator accountable in a court of law in order to obtain justice and just compensation.
When pursuing a child abuse lawsuit, your daughter may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses including the emergency room visit, doctor’s visits, and other treatment related to the injuries caused by the abuse.
- Psychologist and counseling expenses.
- Ongoing and future psychological costs.
- Mental anguish.
- Emotional pain and suffering.
- Loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life.
Medical bills, counseling, and other expenses related to the abuse can add up fast, and innocent children and their families should not be left to pay for these costs. Unfortunately, these costs and treatment can be very expensive—but it is important for your daughter to get the necessary treatment she needs in order to heal. As a result, you and your family need to seek full compensation for all the expenses related to your daughter’s abuse.
To learn more about your legal rights and how to hold the abuser accountable, request a free copy of our book, When the Unthinkable Happens: Your Guide to Florida Child Abuse Claims.