Some of the most serious injuries often occur with a step of the foot. A step onto an uneven floor, wet floor, slippery floor, or a broken stair can lead to a fall. These falls caused by hidden hazards can be serious and lead to long-term effects for the victims involved.
If you aren’t sure whether you have a valid slip and fall case or if you are owed damages for the negligence of a business or property owner, you should consult with a Sarasota slip and fall injury attorney. Mallard Perez can analyze and investigate your case to determine if a property owner or local store failed to keep their premises safe and if there were hazardous conditions.
Common Locations for Slip & Fall Accidents in Florida:
- Commercial businesses
- Grocery stores
- Parking lots
- Department stores
- Apartment complexes
- Sam’s Club
- Home Depot
- And more
The costs involved with serious fall injuries can be expensive due to the emergency room visit, doctor’s visits, hospital stay, surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation, other miscellaneous medical expenses, and lost income from time off of work. For this reason, it is best to consult with an experienced Sarasota premises liability lawyer instead of dealing with the insurance company on your own.
Five Things NOT to Do After a Slip & Fall Injury
Making just one wrong move following a trip and fall injury claim can cost you your case. Because we want you to receive the full value of your claim, here are five things you should never do:
- Do not say I’m sorry or admit to being clumsy
- Do not downplay your injuries to the insurance company
- Do not give a recorded statement without speaking with an accident attorney
- Do not sign anything without consulting with an injury lawyer
- Do not accept the insurance company’s first settlement offer
How Our Premises Liability Attorneys Can Help
While many victims of slip and fall accidents work with insurance companies on their own to make a financial recovery, you can increase your total compensation by working with a skilled slip and fall attorney. A lawyer can help you in the following areas:
- Inform you on what to say and what NOT to say to the insurance company.
- Negotiate on your behalf. Many victims do not know that they can negotiate their case, what they can negotiate their case up to, or how to go about dealing with the insurance company; however, experienced attorneys know what to say to insurers and how to negotiate to get the most compensation possible.
- Determine what your case is worth. Victims of slip and falls often do not know the full value of their case and may not know the maximum value they should receive from the insurance company; however, attorneys will investigate, research, and prepare a case to get the full value a victim deserves.
- Recover the maximum compensation possible in your case.
Unfortunately, insurance companies will try and settle your case for as little money as possible, and we want to help you get every penny you are entitled to following your slip and fall accident. Whether you have suffered a hip dislocation, herniated disc, knee injuries like ACL and MCL tears, multiple fractures, head trauma, or permanent injuries, you need the appropriate attorney on your side who will recover sufficient compensation for your injuries.
Contact Sarasota Attorney Damian Mallard to Discuss Your Injury Claim
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Port Charlotte, Arcadia, Sebring, North Port, or Punta Gorda, contact the Sarasota accident attorneys at Mallard Perez at 888-409-3805 for a complimentary consultation and find out how we can help you get back on your feet.