Unfortunately there is no one clear answer. The damages you can recover will depend on your injuries and your case specifics. If a landlord, employer, or other property owner was careless in keeping up their Florida premises and you fell as a result of their negligence, then you should have a case to collect compensation for your injuries and other losses.

Whether you suffered a broken arm, hip fracture, or traumatic brain injury, you may be entitled to general and specific damages as a result of unsafe conditions. These damages could include compensation for the following:

  • Hospital bills such as x-rays, other tests, hospital stays, and surgery
  • Other medical expenses such as physical therapy, rehabilitation, and prescriptions
  • Out-of-pocket expenses related to your injury such as cab rides to doctor’s appointments, childcare, household damages, and other miscellaneous expenses
  • Lost wages and possibly loss of future earning capacity depending on the extent of your injury
  • Pain and suffering
  • Diminished quality of life or loss of capacity to enjoy life

The amount of compensation available will increase if the fall-related injury caused loss of function, disability, scaring, or disfigurement. In order to collect the compensation you deserve, you need to make sure you seek medical treatment immediately and contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. A skilled attorney will be able to evaluate your case and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to help get you all the damages you are entitled to.

To make sure you are compensated properly after a slip and fall injury, contact our Sarasota office today at 888-409-3805 for a free initial consultation.

Damian Mallard, Esq.
Connect with me
Board Certified Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney