After an accident, you already have a lot on your plate such as seeking medical care and dealing with your injuries. It can be enough just to think about finding the right doctor let alone pursuing a lawsuit and finding the right attorney. However, choosing a lawyer for your motorcycle accident claim is one of the most important factors in pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
If you are considering hiring a lawyer after your motorcycle accident in the Sarasota area, you should consider interviewing different lawyers and asking them the following questions:
- Do you practice in this area of the law?
- What are other similar motorcycle cases you have handled?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- What are some possible case outcomes?
- What should I expect when working with your law firm?
- What is your accessibility?
- How would I reach you?
- Will I be working with anyone else in the law firm?
- Do you work on a contingency basis, or what are your fees?
- Have you handled cases like mine in court?
When speaking with an attorney, you should get a good idea whether he or she is knowledgeable in the area of law that you need representation. The answers the lawyer gives you should also give you some inclination if he or she may be a good fit for your case and whether or not you should hire that law firm to handle your motorcycle accident claim.