Whether you were driving a Honda or Harley and you were injured by a negligent driver on a Florida road, you have rights to lost wages. However, motorcycle accident cases can be complicated because motorcycles don’t fall under the general PIP insurance policy.

While you may know that the other driver hit you—causing your motorcycle crash on U.S. 41 and preventing you from working—you still have to show that the other driver was negligent. Also, you will need to get a doctor’s note saying that you cannot work, and you will need to get a statement from your employer about the amount of money you would have made if you were still able to work. However, even if you have collected all of these items, it can still be an uphill battle getting compensation for your lost wages.

If the other driver doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for your lost wages and medical bills, you may need to make a claim against your uninsured motorist insurance. Hopefully, you have this type of optional coverage on your automobile insurance policy. If you don’t own a car, it is possible that a relative you live with has this type of insurance to pay for your lost income.

There are many possible avenues to collect compensation for your lost wages, but you will need an attorney who is knowledgeable about the different insurance policies and documentation needed to help you get the compensation you deserve.

At Mallard Perez, we will conduct a thorough investigation to find you the most money possible in your case. Call our Sarasota office today for a free initial consultation or download our free report for more information.

Damian Mallard, Esq.
Connect with me
Board Certified Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney