Prior to proving your case, you need to find out if you even have a valid premises liability case to pursue. In order to have a strong claim for damages, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did a wet floor with no caution sign cause your fall?
- Did spilled liquid that wasn’t cleaned up cause your fall?
- Were uneven floors, cracked concrete, or a flooring defect responsible for your fall?
- Did torn carpeting cause you to trip and fall?
- Did poor lighting blind you from seeing the hazard?
By asking yourself the aforementioned questions, you can determine if your slip and fall accident in Florida was someone else’s fault. You must first establish that a grocery store, big-box store, other property owner or possessor was behind the hazardous condition that led to your fall. Then you can attempt to prove your case in one of the following three ways:
- Did the store’s property owner or employee cause the hazard?
- Did the property owner, possessor, or employees know about the hazardous condition and fail to fix it?
- Could the dangerous condition have been discovered by the property owner or employees during normal maintenance and cleaning?
The answers to the above questions are sometimes hard to prove, which is why many victims of Sarasota slip and fall accidents turn to experienced accident attorneys for help investigating their claims and establishing liability.
For help with establishing proof and holding the company or property owner liable for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages, call Mallard Perez today. Contact us at 888-409-3805 for a free consultation with a skilled Sarasota slip and fall lawyer.