If you are involved and injured in a motorcycle accident while visiting from another city and state, you may be wondering how to handle your accident injury claim. An out-of-town motorcycle accident claim may seem overwhelming, but it is important to remember that you should do the same things after a crash in Florida that you would do if the wreck took place in your own hometown. Some of these things include:

  • Call 911 for police to arrive at the scene.
  • Ask for an ambulance if there are any injuries.
  • Exchange driver’s license and insurance information with the other driver.
  • Take out your cell phone and take photos of the damage.
  • Ask witnesses for their contact information.
  • Report the accident to your insurance company but don’t give a recorded statement.
  • Don’t tell the insurance company that you aren’t injured.
  • Don’t ignore any pain or soreness.
  • Seek medical care, even if you don’t think you are injured.
  • Collect all receipts for expenses that this out-of-town motorcycle crash caused, such as additional hotel bills or other additional expenses.

It is normal to feel stressed and vulnerable when an accident occurs in an unfamiliar location; however, by keeping in mind these aforementioned steps to take, you will be better prepared for how to handle your motorcycle accident claim. Additionally, it is important to remember that you’re more than likely covered regardless if your crash took place 1 mile or 1,000 miles away from your home.

Please share this information on Google+ so that your friends and family will know what to do if they are ever involved in an out-of-town traffic accident.

Damian Mallard, Esq.
Connect with me
Board Certified Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney
Post A Comment