Working provides a way to pay for our mortgages, groceries, car payments, and other bills. When people are suddenly unable to work due to motor vehicle injuries, they are unable to make a living and pay their bills. Unfortunately, if you were seriously injured in a motorcycle crash on U.S. 301, this may be your new reality.

Sustaining injuries that cause you to miss work may leave you in an immense amount of physical pain and suffering. Not knowing how you are going to pay your bills, or make up for lost wages may also cause you financial stress and turmoil. If you are left sitting in pain at a Florida hospital and wondering how you are going to collect for your lost wages after missing work due to a motorcycle accident, there are some things you can do, including:

  • Obtain a statement from your employer about the amount of money you would have earned if you would have been working. Your employer should state the amount of time you missed and whether or not you are able to perform the same type of work now that you have gone back to work.
  • Calculate a wage report that shows your past earnings prior to the motorcycle accident. However, this may be difficult for you if you are self-employed or don’t have a regular income.
  • Get a medical evaluation from your doctor that discusses your injuries, treatment, and future treatment. It should also discuss if you are able to work or if you will you be able to return to your previous job position.

Because obtaining these documents can be time consuming and overwhelming while you are trying to make a physical recovery, an experienced accident attorney can gather these documents on your behalf. An injury lawyer knows exactly how these documents need to be worded and what evidence you need in order to make a financial recovery.

For help getting the financial compensation you deserve after an accident, contact Mallard Perez 888-409-3805 for a free initial consultation and to find out how we can help you. 

Damian Mallard, Esq.
Connect with me
Board Certified Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney
Post A Comment